|1||15 March to 17 March||G20 Meetings on Education|
|2||15 March||Y20 Meeting|
|3||19 March & 20 March||L20 Meeting on Labour|
The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for international economic cooperation. It plays an important role in shaping and strengthening global architecture and governance on all major international economic issues.
India holds the Presidency of the G20 from 1 December 2022 to 30 November 2023.
Inception of G20
The G20 was founded in 1999 after the Asian financial crisis as a forum for Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors to discuss global economic and financial issues.
Elevation to Leader’s Level
The G20 was upgraded to the level of Heads of State/Government in the wake of the global economic and financial crisis of 2007, and, in 2009, was designated the “premier forum for international economic cooperation”.
The G20 Summit is held annually, under the leadership of a rotating Presidency. The G20 initially focused largely on broad macroeconomic issues, but it has since expanded its agenda to inter-alia including trade, sustainable development, health, agriculture, energy, environment, climate change, and anti-corruption.
The Group of Twenty (G20) comprises 19 countries (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Türkiye, United Kingdom and United States) and the European Union. The G20 members represent around 85% of the global GDP, over 75% of the global trade, and about two-thirds of the world population.
How G20 Works
- The G20 Presidency steers the G20 agenda for one year and hosts the Summit. The G20 consists of two parallel tracks: the Finance Track and the Sherpa Track. Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors lead the Finance Track while Sherpas lead the Sherpa Track after Finance Track.
- The G20 process from the Sherpa side is coordinated by the Sherpas of member countries, who are personal emissaries of the Leaders. Finance Track is led by Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the member countries. Within the two tracks, there are thematically oriented working groups in which representatives from the relevant ministries of the members as well as from invited/guest countries and various international organizations participate.
- The Finance Track is mainly led by the Ministry of Finance. These working groups meet regularly throughout the term of each Presidency. The Sherpas oversee negotiations over the course of the year, discussing agenda items for the Summit and coordinating the substantive work of the G20.
- In addition, there are Engagement Groups that bring together civil societies, parliamentarians, think tanks, women, youth, labor, businesses, and researchers of the G20 countries.
- The Group does not have a permanent secretariat. The Presidency is supported by the Troika – previous, current and incoming Presidency. During India’s Presidency, the troika will comprise Indonesia, India and Brazil, respectively.
|Sr. No||Name of Committee||Nodal Officer||Contact Number|
|1||Security, Law and Order Committee||Commissioner of Police, Amritsar|
|2||Reception Committee at Airport||Sh. Sandeep Rishi, IAS – Commissioner, MC, Amritsar||98551-08091|
|3||Sanitation Committee||Sh. Sandeep Rishi, IAS – Commissioner, MC, Amritsar||98551-08091|
|4||Control Room at Radisson Blu||Smt. Amandeep Kaur, PCS, Additional Deputy Commissioner (UD, Amritsar)||84376-66205|
|5||Transport Committee||Sh. Arashdeep Singh, PCS, Secretary RTA, Amritsar||98887-47153|
|6||I-Cards & passes Committee||Smt. Dr. Harnoor Kaur Dhillon, PCS Assistant Commissioner (Gen) Amritsar.||98034-86600|
|7||Liaison Officers Committee||Smt. Dr. Harnoor Kaur Dhillon, PCS Assistant Commissioner (Gen) Amritsar.||98034-86600|
|8||Traffic Management Committee||Smt. Amandeep Kaur, ADCP Traffic Amritsar||97800-18108|
|9||Accommodation Committee||Sh. Ramkrishan, DRO Amritsar||98726-57779|
|9.1||Sub Committee : Nodal Officers for Hotels||Sh. Navjit Singh, Assistant Commissioner, Excise Amritsar||98759-61113|
|10||Press, Media and Branding Committee||Sh. Sher Jung Singh Hundal, DPRO||99882-98974|
|11||Excursion Activities Committee||Smt. Rajwinder Kaur, District Tourism Officer, Amritsar||95017-64400|
|12||Itinerary Committee||Sh. Pankaj Jain, Executive Engineer W/S & Sew Division-2 Amritsar||84276-63504|
|13||Gift Committee||Sh. Manavpreet Singh, GM DIC Amritsar||95012-40024|
|14||Exhibition Committee||Sh. Manavpreet Singh, GM DIC Amritsar||95012-40024|
|15||Cultural Committee||Smt. Rajwinder Kaur, District Tourism Officer, Amritsar||95017-64400|
|16||Health Committee||Dr. Charanjit Singh, Civil Surgeon, Amritsar||98154-76763|
|Contact Numbers||E-mail ID|