District Social Impact Internship
Internship is an attempt to infuse the district administration with skills, talents, and energy of youth. The program intends to enrich the learning experience of the students by providing them, an opportunity to work on real world issues and problems. Talents of the interns will be utilized across various verticals of district administration including assignments on projects like G 20 working group and engagement group meetings for which District Amritsar has been selected.
Please Note that
1. Candidates from related fields with requisite qualifications or higher from are also encouraged to apply, final selection will be based on the ability of the candidate to deliver on the requirements of the District Administration.
2. Also if a person is graduate or above, he or she will be eligible for stipend of Rupees 10,000 per month.
3. Candidates who can work from office or are available on site will be preferred.
Perks under Internship:
1. Scope of observing and contributing to the functioning of the District Administration, Amritsar.
2. Gain experience in Policy and Governance space and build your professional credibility in the sector.
3. Opportunity to work with top bureaucrats devoted to sacred duty of nation-building.
4. A rare chance to work towards solving real world problems and make difference on the ground.
5. A certificate from the Deputy Commissioner, Amritsar upon satisfactory performance during duration of the internship.
6. A stipend for sustenance of the interns.
Duration: 3 Months (Any extension will be subject to intern’s performance and administrative requirements)
Last Date of Application: 15th December
1. Law Internship – 2 Interns (Interns shall be well versed with the legal archetypes of India in addition to basic knowledge of laws and constitutions)
Minimum Qualification: Students pursuing LLB/Law Undergraduates or higher in Law/Constitution Studies/Legal Studies or related fields.
2.Computer Science: 1 Intern (Interns shall be proficient in the web-based development of applications and software.)
Minimum Qualifications: Students pursing BSc/BTech in Computer Science BTech Undergraduates or higher from related fields.
3.Computer Applications: 2 Interns (Interns shall be well versed with the knowledge of front-end and backend app designing and shall have demonstrated experience of app development.)
Minimum Qualifications: Students pursing BSc/BTech in Computer Science BTech Undergraduates or higher from related fields
4. Information Technology/Data Science – 1 Intern (Shall have knowledge of data analysis and must be proficient in data crunching through Advanced Excel/R/Stata/SPSS/Tableau/Power BI, etc.
Minimum Qualifications: Students pursuing degree in statistics/public policy/mathematics or higher from related fields with demonstrated experience of building dashboards through Tableau/Power BI, etc.
5.Commerce– 2 Interns (Interns shall be proficient in financial management and accounting and rules related to it)
Minimum Qualifications: Students pursuing degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or Commerce Undergraduates or higher from related fields
6.Management- 2 Interns (Interns shall have demonstrated experience in managing projects through the implementation of project management tools from inception to completion of the project.
Minimum Qualifications: Students pursuing degree in Management/ Management Undergraduates or higher from related fields